Grilled Mexican Pizza
The ROASTED TOMATILLO SALSA is Juliann Esquivel's recipe
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, (Salsa de Tomatillo Asado)
- pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1 lb
- grilled sirloin or skirt steak, sliced very thinly
- 1/2 c
- roasted tomatillo sauce (see link) or store bought salsa verde
- 6 oz
- ea. cheddar & monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can(s)
- fresh chopped or canned, diced tomatoes, no salt added, drained well
- 1 small
- onion, sliced & grilled
- 1 small
- poblano orgreen bell, sliced & grilled
- 1 c
- mushrooms, sliced & grilled
- cilantro, fresh to garnish
How to Make Grilled Mexican Pizza
- 1If you have leftover grilled steak, use that, otherwise, grill steak as you normally would. Let rest, slice very thinly. Grill onions, bell & mushrooms in skillet.
- 2Brush both sides of dough with olive oil. Place pizza dough on grill rack for 4-5 min. on each side. Remove from grill, top w/ tomatillo salsa, cheeses, steak, diced tomato & veggies.
- 3Place dough back on grill, close lid so cheese will melt.