Potato, sausage and Parmesan cheese bake
Ramona's Cuisine -
This recipe will go very well with any type of meat, bacon, gammon or simply with no meat at all making a nice vegetarian dish.
The parmesan cheese can also be substituted for any cheddar or mozarella cheese or any one you fancy or have.
Enjoy this wonderful and tasty recipe.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·600 g new potatoes
·400 g sausages
·150 ml double cream or full fat creme fraiche
·100 g parmesan cheese
·2-3 cloves garlic finely greated
·7-8 springs parsley chopped to garnish
·1/2 tsp salt
How to Make Potato, sausage and Parmesan cheese bake
- Place a saucepan with a litre of water on fire. Add salt and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, wash thoroughly the potatoes and cut into halves or quarters depending on how big they are.
- Put the potatoes in the water and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Shallow fry the sausages for a few minutes until they release most of the fat. To make this easier make sure your crust open their skin so their fat world gets released a lot easier.
- In a bowl mix the crème fraîche or double cream with the garlic and freshly ground pepper as well as half of the parsley.
- When the potatoes are ready, mix them with the double cream mix. Put them into the baking tray/dish.
- When this is all finished, mix the potatoes with sausages and put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- On the last five minutes of baking sprinkle some cheese preferably would be Parmesan but truthfully, any cheese would do.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining parsley and serve while hot.