Mexican Style Meatloaf
- 1 c
- chunky tomato salsa
- 3/4 c
- baked tortilla chips, finely crushed
- egg white
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 small
- fresh green chili, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground turkey
- 1/2 c
- low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Mexican Style Meatloaf
- 1Combine salsa, chips, egg, onion, garlic, chili, chili powder and cumin in a bowl and salt to taste. Mix thoroughly. Add meat and mix until blended.
- 2Pat mixture into a loaf or round shape, depending on your cooker's dimensions, and place on a rack in slow cooker.
- 3Cook all day on low or 5 hours on high. Sprinkle shredded cheddar over top of loaf and return lid to cooker.
Cook until cheese melts.
Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Use a wire rack that fits the cooker, or use three canning jar lids to lift up the meat from the grease that accumulates.