Crisp Turkey Fundidos
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I really liked the creaminess of the meat mixture and the crunchy deep fried shell. These would be perfect for game day... or anytime really! The Test Kitchen
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
3 cturkey, shredded
1 can(s)green chiles, mild (small can)
2 Tbsptaco seasoning mix
1 bottlecanola oil
12 slicecheddar cheese, sliced
How to Make Crisp Turkey Fundidos
- In a medium sized pot, combine turkey, green chilies, taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup water. let simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
- While turkey is heating up, fill a pan with enough oil to deep fry, or use a deep fryer.
- Spread cream cheese in the center of each tortilla, spoon out about 1/4 cup of turkey mixture on top of cream cheese.
- Fold the ends inward making a square. I use a tooth pick to keep it closed while cooking.
- Put one or two at a time into hot grease 375゜ Cook until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towel to drain grease. Place slice of cheddar cheese on top to melt.
☝We like putting LaVictoria taco sauce on ours. But they are yummy all by their selves.