Chincoteague Oyster of the Month for February
The Chincoteagues will be priced at $2.35 ?per oyster throughout the month, and Ingber will also prepare Roasted Chincoteague Oysters with Crunchy Asiago-Roasted Garlic Butter priced at $11.95 for five pieces.
- 1 lb
- salted butter. softened
- heads of garlic, roasted and squeezed out
- 1/2 c
- shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 c
- panko, japanese bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- minced shallot
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp
- chopped flat leaf parsley
How to Make Chincoteague Oyster of the Month for February
- 1To roast the garlic: Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (125 degrees C). Slice ¼ ” off top of garlic bulb. Place in a small baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, until outside is lightly browned and garlic cloves are soft. When cool enough to touch, squeeze each clove to extract softened garlic.
- 2Place softened butter in an electric mixing machine bowl or a food processor.
- 3Add all of the rest of the ingredients and mix until all is incorporated.
- 4Take 2 wax or parchment paper strips, 12” X 6” and place ½ of the butter along the length of one strip, leaving about ½ “ from the edge.
- 5Then roll up the strip of butter into a tube, and seal the edge with a piece of tape.
- 6Refrigerate or freeze the butter until ready to use.
- 7This can be prepared up to 1 week in advance
- 8When ready to serve, take out of freezer at least 1 hour in advance, and make slices of ¼ “ thick.
- 9Open up the oysters, making sure you disconnect the membrane under the oysters and put on baking dish.
- 10Preheat a broiler, place one slice of butter on top of each oyster and place under hot broiler until browned and crunchy.
- 11Serve immediately with lemon wedges.