Camarones a la Diabla - Spicy Shrimp
18large, fully cooked shrimp
4 slicethick cut smoked bacon, chopped
1/4white onion, finely chopped
3canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1handful cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 tspdried oregano
1 tsptomato bouillon
·white rice for serving
How to Make Camarones a la Diabla - Spicy Shrimp
- Fill a small sauce pan with water and boil the tomatoes until they soften. In a blender, blend tomatoes, chipotle peppers, and bouillon. Set sauce aside.
- In a large pan, sauté bacon until it begins to brown.
- Add onion and cook until it begins to soften. Then add the garlic and continue to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauce to the pan. Stir and heat on medium high for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the dried oregano. Taste and add any additional tomato bouillon (or salt) according to your taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro. Serve with a side of white rice.