Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp w/Praline Drizzle
1 lbfresh colossal shrimp (8-10 count)
1/2 lbbackfin crabmeat, picked with shells removed
1 lbmaple bacon
2 Tbspold bay seasoning
1 1/2 Tbspdried parsley
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1 stickbutter, unsalted
1/4 cfresh chopped chives
1/2 tspdried thyme
1/2 cmaple praline syrup (pure maple syrup may also be used)
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp w/Praline Drizzle
- Rinse shrimp lightly under cold water and pat dry
- Drain crabmeat in colander, sift through meat and remove any bits of shells. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, dried parsley and garlic powder until thoroughly blended.
- Gently fold crabmeat into mayo mixture.
- Using a melon baller or a tablespoon, generously “fill” each of the butterflied shrimp with the crab mixture
- Take a slice of the bacon and carefully “wrap” it around each stuffed shrimp, making sure it’s covered from end to end
- Arrange shrimp on the wire-racked pan and place in oven until cooked through, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from over and drizzle maple praline syrup lightly over the cooked shrimp
- Turn oven setting to broil and place shrimp back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until bacon has crisped.