Pesto Beef Sandwich
- loaf, (12 to 15 inch) crusty sourdough baguette or french bread
- 1/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- prepared pesto sauce
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- (3 ounce) goat cheese or crumbled feta
- 1 pkg
- (3 cups) mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1 jar(s)
- (7 ounce) roasted red peppers, drained well or 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 1/4 lb
- cooked leftover roast beef, coarsely chopped or shredded (about 4 cups)
- black pepper
How to Make Pesto Beef Sandwich
- 1Cut bread in half horizontally; remove center of bread, leaving 1- inch thick shell.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto and lemon juice; spread mixture on cut surfaces of both halves.
- 2Layer cheese, salad greens, roasted peppers and roast beef over bottom half of bread. Season with pepper. Top with remaining half of bread. Cut into 6 wedges. Serve immediately.
- 3Note: Uncut sandwich may be tightly wrapped and refrigerated up to 2 hours. Cut into wedges to serve.