Grilled Portobello-Bell Pepper-Goat Cheese Sandwic
Although you can cook the vegetables, bread and tomato side dish in a grill pan, these Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper, and Goat Cheese Sandwiches come together quickly on the increased surface area of an outdoor grill.
Although they aren't in the recipe don't forget to quickly grill some tomato to go along with the sandwich.
Found on: myrecipes.com
- 1/4 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- garlic clove, minced
- red bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
- yellow bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
- (4-inch) portobello mushroom caps
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 c
- chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp
- salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- kaiser rolls
- 1/2 c
- (4 ounces) soft goat cheese
How to Make Grilled Portobello-Bell Pepper-Goat Cheese Sandwic
- 1Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic in a large bowl.
Add bell peppers and portobello mushrooms; toss gently to coat.
Remove vegetables from vinegar mixture, and discard vinegar mixture.
- 3Place bell peppers and mushrooms on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side.
Remove vegetables from grill; cool slightly.
Cut bell peppers into thin strips.
Combine bell peppers, basil, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- 4Cut rolls in half horizontally; spread cheese evenly over cut sides of rolls.
Arrange 1 mushroom cap on bottom half of each roll; top each serving with about 1/3 cup bell pepper mixture and top half of roll.
- 5Place sandwiches on grill rack coated with cooking spray.
Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten.
Grill 3 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook).