☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
20 ozswiss cheese
40 slicedill pickle
20 ozroast pork (deli roast pork)
20 ozham (bolo style)
20pastry shells (6 inch diameter)
How to Make Cubano Empanada
- Lightly dust flour on a bakery board.
- Place shell on board and gently work around the edges slightly stretching the dough.
- Layer all ingredients in pocket in center of the shell. Each empanada will be filled with 1 ounce Swiss cheese, 2 pickle slices, 1 ounce roast pork, 1 ounce ham (do not over fill)
- Fold shell and first press edges together with fingers to make sure the empanadas are sealed. Then press edges of shell together with a fork to ensure filling does not cook out.
- Gently place empanadas in hot oil and cook until golden brown (about 5-7 minutes). Let empanadas rest for 2-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite side to make an entrée or as is for appetizers.