Creamy Spinach-Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
Just remember to throw in an extra few strips for mid-cooking munching!
For an easy, extra tasty spin on traditional mac, sizzle up a skillet of this Spinach-Bacon Macaroni and Cheese. It makes a delicious side to grilled meats and salads, and a super indulgent meal all on its own.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cmedium pasta shells, uncooked
6 ozbaby spinach leaves
4 slicebacon + 2 for munching
2 cwhole milk
·salt and pepper, to taste
2 cshredded colby jack or cheddar cheese, divided
How to Make Creamy Spinach-Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add spinach to the boiling water for the last minute. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Once hot, add bacon and cook ‘til crisp.
- Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving drippings in pan.
- Whisk flour into drippings, cooking for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Cook for 3-5 minutes, whisking often, until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup shredded cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in pasta-spinach mixture and chopped bacon, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into a 2-qt. casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated through.