Creamy Spinach-Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
Just remember to throw in an extra few strips for mid-cooking munching!
For an easy, extra tasty spin on traditional mac, sizzle up a skillet of this Spinach-Bacon Macaroni and Cheese. It makes a delicious side to grilled meats and salads, and a super indulgent meal all on its own.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 c
- medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 6 oz
- baby spinach leaves
- 4 slice
- bacon + 2 for munching
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- whole milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c
- shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese, divided
How to Make Creamy Spinach-Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- 2Add spinach to the boiling water for the last minute. Drain and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a large skillet to medium heat.
- 4Once hot, add bacon and cook ‘til crisp.
- 5Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving drippings in pan.
- 6Whisk flour into drippings, cooking for 1 minute.
- 7Gradually whisk in milk. Cook for 3-5 minutes, whisking often, until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Add 1 cup shredded cheese, stirring until melted.
- 9Stir in pasta-spinach mixture and chopped bacon, mixing well.
- 10Pour mixture into a 2-qt. casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated through.