allergy friendly scalloped potatoes and ham
3 largeidaho potatoes (any type will do these are my favorite)
2 cshredded cheese
1 cdiced precooked ham (meijer brand is corn, soy and gluten free)
2 Tbspnutritional yeast (optional)
2 cmilk (of any kind)
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tsponion powder
1 cultra fine rice flour
How to Make allergy friendly scalloped potatoes and ham
- Peel(optional) and thinly slice whole potatoes. I use my food processor for even thin pieces, you may need to slice potato in half to do this.Set the potatoes aside in cold water(prevents browning)If you need to cube ham now (we buy ours pre-cubed)
- In a medium sauce pan add milk, garlic powder, onion powder nut. yeast and pepper.Bring to a simmer over medium heat
- reduce to low heat and add rice flower 1 tbsp at a time while whisking constantly. continue to add flour till your desired consistency. We like ours like gravy.Remove from heat
- Drain potatoes. In a medium glass pan spoon a bit of roue, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. The smaller the pan the more layers. I like 4 layers.
- Layer ingredients. Potatoes, ham, roue, cheese. Do this until you run out of room or ingredients.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes. the thickness of your potatoes will cause cooking times to very, if your cheese starts to brown before your potatoes are soft cover with foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve ( you can serve right away but the Roue will thicken as it cools)