Capellini with olive oil, garlic and anchovies
- 1 pkg
- 1 package of capellini (angel's hair) or vermicelli
- 3/4 c
- olive oil
- garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 2-oz can of flat anchovies in olive oil, drained and cut into bits
- 1 c
- leaves of flat parsley coarsely chopped
- coarse sea salt
- crushed red pepper flakes
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Capellini with olive oil, garlic and anchovies
- 1Put the water for the pasta to boil.
- 2Add the olive oil to a saucepan on low to medium heat and saute the garlic for about 8-10 minutes, until brown. Set aside.
- 3In the meantime, cook the pasta al dente and strain it. To stop cooking, let some fresh water run on top of the pasta and strain it again.
- 4Put the pasta in a bowl, add the olive oil and garlic and stir, add the anchovies and the parsley and combine.
- 5Add salt to taste. Serve warm with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.