Prince Edward Island Lobster and Potato Cakes
- 2 lb
- prince edward island yukon gold potatoes
- 1 lb
- atlantic lobster, cooked pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped dill
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped green onions
- 2 oz
- sour cream
- lemons, zest of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- milk or as needed
- 2 c
- breadcrumbs (or as much as needed)
How to Make Prince Edward Island Lobster and Potato Cakes
- 1Boil potatoes until they are fork tender, strain and mash them.
They can be a little bit chunky, as it will add a different texture.
- 2Place mashed potatoes in a mixing bowl, fold in sour cream, lobster, dill, lemon zest and green onion and season to taste.
Form into 4oz patties.
- 3Make an egg wash (which is eggs and Milk), coat each patty in flour and shake off excess, dip in egg wash and then coat in breadcrumbs.
- 4Allow to sit in freezer for 10 minutes, then repeat breading process immediately fry in a deep fat fryer until golden brown.
- 5Freeze any remaining patties for use later.