Low Cal- Low Carb - Low Fat
- 1 (1¼ lbs.) eggplant
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ med. onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can low sodium diced tomatoes
- ¾ tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup feta cheese – crumbled
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
How to Make Eggplant Casserole
- 1In a large non-stick skillet, add the olive oil, chopped onion,sauté until translucent and tender, but not brown.
- 2Stir in minced garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute; add tomatoes, oregano and cinnamon. Simmer for 4 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Preheat broiler. Slice eggplant into lengthwise ¼” thick slices.
- 4Lightly spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Lay eggplant in single layer on baking sheets and lightly spray tops with non-stick spray. Set under broiler for about 6 – 8 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 5In a 2 qt. baking dish, layer half the eggplant, top with half the tomato sauce; repeat. Top with feta cheese, olives and parsley and serve.