3 qtfresh puréed tomatoes or 2 no. 10 cans of san marzano tomatoes
6 lbfresh ground veal
4cheese n parsley sausage patties
1large red onion
1large sweet or vidalia onion
1/2 bottlered or white wine
1/2 cextra virgin olive oil plus more as needed
·salt & pepper
1 Tbspaleppo chili pepper
1rind of parmagianno reggiano cheese
MAKE A ROUX
2 Tbspap flour
How to Make Bolognese Sauce
- sauté the vegetables in the stick of butter in a sauté pan.
- Add another cup of wine
- Enjoy the fragrance
- After it's been cooking for one hour, if you've used fresh tomato purée it may not be thick enough.
Now it's time to make the roux
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle the flour while whisking at the same time. The purpose is to cook the flour. Once you have incorporated the flour and the butter it is time to add the milk very slowly and keep whisking. you will have a beautiful white sauce when you are finished that he should pour into your meat sauce and stir very well.
- Add the white sauce to your tomatoe, veal and sausage mixture. Mix well to incorporate
- Add Aleppo pepper, salt and pepper it's just one more layer of flavor
- Simmer for about one hour until thick and creamy
smile- it's gonna taste great!
- For the pasta
Boil pasta to taste:
Set aside one cup of pasta water, put a ladle of sauce, some butter and toss pasta. When it gets hot start to drizzle pasta water until your pasta is steamy - serve with cheese and garnish
For lasagne bolognese
I use bake type lasagnes noodles unless I am making fresh pasta. I put some sauce on the bottom of a baking pan and I lay down noodles. Then sauce, grated cheese, noodles and repeat til you get close to top. On top I put grated cheese, drizzle with butter and I also put some grated mozzarella- bake in a preheated oven on 375 until bubbly and cheese melts.
- BON APPETITE!