Swordfish Wrapped in Filo Pastry
How to Make Swordfish Wrapped in Filo Pastry
- 1Defrost Filo Pastry in refrigerator overnight, following the directions on dough package for handling and refreezing unused sheets of pastry.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Remove Filo pastry from package allowing 2 sheets per fish.
Apply olive oil to the surface of one of the sheets of dough and then lay the second sheet of Filo pastry over the first.
- 3Center a single fish fillet on top of the sheets of filo pastry and spread about a tablespoon of the tomato sauce over the fillet.
Close the pastry up over the fillet, making sure it is fully closed to keep the sauce contained with the fillet.
- 4Repeat this wrapping procedure with the remaining fillets and sheets of filo pastry.
- 5Heat the remaining tomato sauce
While the remaining tomato sauce is being heated, bake fish fillets for 10 to 15 minutes until filo pastry is golden brown in color and remove from oven.
- 6Spread the remaining heated tomato sauce over the filo pastry covering the fish and serve.