Salmon Fillets with Country Herb Crust
- (6 oz.) fresh salmon fillets
- 1/2 c
- pecans, toasted*
- 1 1/2 tsp
- minced fresh herb leaves (basil, oregano, dill or tarragon)
- 1 Tbsp
- chilled butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon pepper seasoning
How to Make Salmon Fillets with Country Herb Crust
- 1Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry.
In food processor, coarsely chop toasted pecans. Add fresh herbs, butter, seasoned salt and pepper. Pulse process until all ingredients are mixed and a solid mixture forms.
- 2Place salmon fillets skin side down on lightly greased baking pan. Top each fillet with nut mixture patting it on to form crust.
- 3Bake in preheated 400 degree F. oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Salmon is done when meat flakes easily and is evenly colored. The salmon will continue to cook after it's removed from the oven.
- 4Serve with quinoa or rice
- 5*To toast pecans:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place nuts on baking sheet and bake for about 7 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool completely.