Portuguese Dry Cod Fish
1 lbdry cod fish( you can find this in italian grocery stores)
1/2 cblack olives( i use kalamata olives)
2 largesliced onions
1 largeroma tomatoes(chopped)
1 lbboiled potatoes
4hard boiled eggs
1 colive oil, extra virgin
1/2 cchopped italian parsley
How to Make Portuguese Dry Cod Fish
- Dry cod fish will be covered with salt. Wash all the salt in cold water, soaking in cold water over night. Occasionally change the water two times, for 12 hours.
- Next day, starting the preparation, in a pot with water, boil the cod fish already cut in two inches pieces.Just bring to boil, take the fish out and in the same water cook the peeled potatoes "ao dente".
- In a deep pot, add half of the extra virgin olive oil with the onions. After 5 minutes add the fish and the potatoes (I cut mine in quarters ), Italian parsley, half of olives and the chopped tomato, just enough to mix all the ingredients.
- In a casserole dish, in layers, arrange the fish with potatoes, boiled eggs, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper(optional). Another layer until your ingredients are over.
- Topping the last layer eggs,the left olives and olive oil. In 350 preheat oven for 35 to 45 minutes until all the juices and flavors are mixed.