Bacalhau Gomes Sa
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbwhole fingerling potatoes, peeled
10 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
5 cthinly sliced onions, about 2 large onions
4 largeeggs, hard boiled and thinly sliced
1/2 cpitted kalamata olives, cut in half
2 cfresh cod
6 Tbspfresh chopped chives
·kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Bacalhau Gomes Sa
- Place the potatoes in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cover them with cold water by at least an inch, add a large pinch of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and spread them out on a plate.
- When they are cool enough to handle, slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet, add the onions and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are tender, sweet, and translucent.
- Resist the temptation to turn the heat to high, otherwise the onions will brown. The slower you cook the onions, the sweeter they get.
- Transfer to a large bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and lightly coat a large shallow baking dish (glass or porcelain) with cooking spray.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the onions and toss.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper and spread them onto the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange the egg slices and olives on top. Drizzle over another 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Season the cod with salt and pepper and place it on top of the potato, onion, egg and olive mixture.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of the fish and bake it in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes until the flesh turns from translucent to opaque white.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and garnish with the fresh chives.
- Spoon the cod onto warm plates and serve hot.