Almond Crusted Walleye
- or more walleye or saugeye fillet
- 1/2 c
- almond meal (ground almonds
- panko (japanese bread crumbs)
- salt and pepper
- egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter (divided)
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- fresh peach or pear, sliced
- splash of dry white wine (sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, etc.)
How to Make Almond Crusted Walleye
- 1Mix the almond meal with a little panko and the salt and pepper.
Place fish fillet in egg wash then roll in almond meal/panko mixture.
- 2Melt 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp canola oil in a pan over medium low heat, then add fish and sauté about 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness).
- 3Remove the walleye to paper towels, turn heat to medium high and add the sliced fruit.
- 4Stir and fry for a minute then add 2 Tbsp butter to sauce and cook until butter browns.
- 5Add wine & reduce.
Place fish fillet on plate surrounded by fruit and drizzled with sauce.