Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Pockets
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 c
- fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 c
- + 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 clove
- garilic, minced
- 1 c
- garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 1/3 c
- + 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tsp
- salt, divided
- boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Pockets
- 1In a large skillet, saute spinach in 2 teaspoons oil until spinach is wilted.
- 2Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3Remove from the heat.
- 4Stir in the spreadable cheese, 2/3 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with spinach mixture.
- 6Secure with toothpicks.
- 7Place egg in a shallow bowl.
- 8In another shallow bowl, combine the pepper and remaining bread crumbs and salt.
- 9Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- 10In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- 11Discard toothpicks before serving.