Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Pockets
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 cfresh baby spinach
1/2 c+ 4 tablespoons olive oil
2 clovegarilic, minced
1 cgarlic-herb spreadable cheese
1 1/3 c+ 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
1 tspsalt, divided
8boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
2 largeeggs, lightly beaten
How to Make Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Pockets
- In a large skillet, saute spinach in 2 teaspoons oil until spinach is wilted.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the spreadable cheese, 2/3 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with spinach mixture.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the pepper and remaining bread crumbs and salt.
- Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.