Easy Chicken Dijon
The sauce is fabulous served over rice.
Recipe and photo adapted from Love That Food.
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine or 1/4 cup white wine and 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp
- basil, dried
- 1/8 tsp
- tarragon, dried
- dash pepper and salt
- thinly sliced, boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- 1-1/2 c
- whipping cream
How to Make Easy Chicken Dijon
- 1Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 2Coat a large skillet with 2 tbsp. butter. Heat over medium-high heat and add chicken. Cook chicken 3 to 4 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
Remove chicken from pan and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm; set aside.
- 3Melt 1 tbsp. butter in skillet and add onion and saute until tender.
Add wine and mustard and simmer until mixture is reduced in half.
Add whipping cream and simmer until sauce is thickened.
Add basil and tarragon.
Put chicken back in pan. Cover pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through.