2 ccooked herb or chicken flavored rice (may use homemade or packaged)
4-6chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped bite size (depends on size)
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup (10 1/4 oz.)
1 1/2 csour cream
1 or 2 dash(es)each - salt, pepper and garlic powder
2 Tbspsherry (or chicken broth)
1 Tbsppoppy seeds
40round butter crackers
3 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make POPPYSEED CHICKEN
- Assemble all ingredients and utensils, then place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a 2 quart casserole.
- Spread cooked rice in bottom of casserole.
- Top with chopped chicken.
- In a small to medium bowl, combine soup, sour cream, sherry (or broth), salt, pepper and garlic.
- Spread mixture over chicken.
- In another bowl, mix together well, crackers, poppy seeds and butter.
- Sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes (until bubbly.)
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.