Jamaican Jerk Chicken
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 largewhole chickens or chicken pieces (6 pounds or mor total)
·lemon or lime juice
How to Make Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Clean, skin, and cut chicken in medium pieces, then wash with lime or lemon juice.
- Rub the chicken with the Jerk seasoning.
- Be sure to rub under skin and in cavities.
- Marinate overnight.
- Grill at lowest possible setting over a low fire until done.
- Pimento (all spice) branches (this is what is used in Jamaica) mixed with charcoal is best. If not try to use an aromatic wood in the barbecue grill to enhance the flavor.
- Chop meat into pieces, and serve traditionally with hard-dough bread.