Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 2 large
- whole chickens or chicken pieces (6 pounds or mor total)
- jerk sauce
- lemon or lime juice
How to Make Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 1Clean, skin, and cut chicken in medium pieces, then wash with lime or lemon juice.
- 2Rub the chicken with the Jerk seasoning.
- 3Be sure to rub under skin and in cavities.
- 4Marinate overnight.
- 5Grill at lowest possible setting over a low fire until done.
- 6Pimento (all spice) branches (this is what is used in Jamaica) mixed with charcoal is best. If not try to use an aromatic wood in the barbecue grill to enhance the flavor.
- 7Chop meat into pieces, and serve traditionally with hard-dough bread.