Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
- 6 lb
- 4 Tbsp
- curry powder
- 4 medium
- 10 sprig(s)
- 10 clove
- 2 tsp
- allspice, ground
- 2 tsp
- black pepper
- 4 tsp
- lemon or lime juice
- 2 small
- potatoes, diced
- 2 c
- vegetable oil for cooking
How to Make Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1Clean, skin, and cut chicken in small pieces, then wash with lime or lemon juice.
- 2Drain, season with curry, onion, thyme, garlic, allspice (pimento),black peppers, salt and let marinate for awhile.
- 3TIP: Set aside onion, thyme, garlic and allspice for a 2nd seasoning while cooking.
- 4In a skillet pour about 3 tablespoon of oil. Let oil heat.
- 54Add the chicken & seasoning.
- 6Lightly brown the chicken & seasoning for 5-7 minutes in the skillet.
- 7Add water and scotch bonnet pepper. Let cook for 25 minutes or until done.
- 8Add the second seasoning 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
- 9Serve over white rice.