Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
4 Tbspcurry powder
2 tspallspice, ground
2 tspblack pepper
·lemon or lime juice
2 smallpotatoes, diced
·vegetable oil for cooking
How to Make Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
- Clean, skin, and cut chicken in small pieces, then wash with lime or lemon juice.
- Drain, season with curry, onion, thyme, garlic, allspice (pimento), black peppers, salt and let marinate for awhile.
- TIP: Set aside onion, thyme, garlic and allspice for a 2nd seasoning while cooking.
- In a skillet pour about 3 tablespoon of oil. Let oil heat.
- Add the chicken & seasoning.
- Lightly brown the chicken & seasoning for 5-7 minutes in the skillet.
- Add water and scotch bonnet pepper. Let cook for 25 minutes or until done.
- Add the second seasoning 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy delicious Jamaican Curry Chicken!