Homestyle Chicken Packets
If you enjoy moist chicken, add a few ice cubes, or if available, some frozen chicken broth cubes to the packet, it stays nice and moist
- 4 sheet(s)
- (12 x 18 inches each) heavy duty aluminum foil
- boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/3 c
- dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- dried basil leaves
- 2 tsp
- 2 medium
- carrots, sliced into 1/4- inch coins
- 2 c
- fresh mushroom slices
- 2 medium
- zucchini squash, sliced into 1/4 in coins
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Homestyle Chicken Packets
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2Center chicken on each sheet of aluminum foil.
Spread dijon mustard over chicken breasts. Stir basil and paprika together and sprinkle over chicken. Top with vegetables and dot each packet with half a tablespoon of butter.
- 3Bring up sides of foil and double fold. Double fold ends to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet. Repeat to make four packets.
- 4Bake 20 to 24 minutes on baking sheet in oven or grill 14 to 16 minutes on medium-high in covered grill.