Grilled Chicken Pouches
- fresh split chicken breasts (bone-in)
- ears fresh corn, cut in half
- 2 large
- tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large
- onion, cut into quarters
- 2 large
- carrots, cut into 1- inch pieces
- 4 small
- red potatoes, cut in half
- 4 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- favorite herbs (basil, oregano or italian seasoning)
- salt and pepper
- 4 large
- pieces of aluminum foil
How to Make Grilled Chicken Pouches
- 1Preheat your outdoor grill on medium, or your oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2On a large piece of foil, place 1 split chicken breast half along with 1/2 piece of corn, 1/2 of a tomato, 1/4 of an onion, several pieces of carrots, 2 halves of red potato, 1 tablespoon of butter, several dashes of your favorite herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Fold aluminum foil around ingredients so that no liquids can leak out.
- 3Follow the same procedure with the remaining 3 split chicken breasts for a total of 4 foil pouches. Place pouches on grill and place cover on grill. Cook chicken pouches for 1 hour. Move only if there are hot spots on the grill. Or you may place pouches in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
- 4Before removing all pouches from the grill or oven, test one pouch to see that the chicken has reached 185 F, or that center of chicken breast is not pink and juices are clear. Be careful when checking contents of pouch, steam may escape and burn, and remember, the foil is hot.
- 5When chicken is fully cooked, place pouches on separate plates and serve. Open carefully; contents of pouches will be hot.
- 6NOTE: If using boneless skinless chicken breasts, reduce cooking time to 20 to 25 minutes.