Easy Balsamic Chicken Skewers
Me? Perhaps contrary to popular assumptions about food bloggers always cooking up a storm, I have learned that I prefer to keep things really simple, when entertaining a crowd. Sure, on special occasions, I like to get all fancy and gourmet. I tend to aim for a 30-minute meal that is hopefully mostly prepped by the time people arrive. Balsamic Chicken Skewers. I have made these a few times this summer for my friends, and they’re always a hit.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cdelallo balsamic vinegar
2 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
·kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
·wooden or metal skewers
How to Make Easy Balsamic Chicken Skewers
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar and honey until combined to form your marinade.
- Add the marinade and chicken pieces to a large Ziploc bag or mixing bowl, and toss until combined.
- Seal/cover and refrigerate to marinate for 8 hours.
- Also, if you are using wooden skewers, set them to soak in a pan of water for 30 minutes so that they do not burn.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, reserving the marinade for later, and thread chicken onto skewers.
- Season the skewers generously with salt and pepper.
- Place on a grill that has been lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Cook the chicken skewers for 3-4 minutes per side, turning once, until the chicken is no longer pink inside and cooked through.
- Remove chicken skewers from grill and place on a serving plate.
- Meanwhile or after, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the mixture is reduced by half and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- (The glaze will thicken even more as it cools.) Remove from heat, and brush the glaze onto the skewers until they are all evenly coated.
- *For a shortcut, you can also marinate the chicken in 1/2 cup of DeLallo's pre-made balsamic glaze. Then once the chicken has been grilled, brush (a separate) 1/2 cup of balsamic glaze onto the cooked chicken skewers.