Bruschetta Chicken Tostadas
Time-out IN MY MOUTH.
- 2 lb
- chicken breasts, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- each: ground cumin, chili powder
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder, onion powder, ground coriander, smoked paprika
- 6 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 can(s)
- black beans, drained and rinsed (14.5 oz)
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced, divided
- 1 c
- minced cilantro leaves, divided
- 4 c
- halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c
- minced red onion
- 2 c
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- tostada shells
- ripe avocado
- 4 Tbsp
- sour cream
- juice of two small limes
- 2 c
- loosely packed cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper
How to Make Bruschetta Chicken Tostadas
- 1In a small bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground coriander, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 2Toss to combine and rub all over diced chicken. Let sit in the fridge for a little bit.
- 3In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, red onion, half the minced garlic, half the minced cilantro and 3 Tablespoon of oil.
- 4Season with salt and pepper. Let it marry while you cook.
- 5Heat the remaining 3 Tablespoons of oil in a sauté pan.
- 6Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through and you see a little browning all over.
- 7Heat the beans in a small saucepan with the remaining garlic and cilantro.
- 8Drizzle a little oil and a pinch of salt.
- 9Heat through. Mash a few beans if you want. Oh, you want.
- 10Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the avocado, sour cream, loose cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- 11Blend until smooth and glorious and you think about using is as night moisturizer.
- 12To assemble:
Spread some black beans on each tostada shell.
- 13Top with shredded cheese, cooked chicken, the tomato topping and a healthy drizzle of the avo-cream.
The chicken can be grilled and then diced for a more smoky flavor.