2 ccooked lima beans (i used frozen)
5 Tbspolive oil, divided (may need 1 to 2 tablespoons additional)
1/3 cfinely diced red bell pepper
1 ccooked corn (canned or frozen will work too, just don't cook)
1 cshredded pepper jack cheese
2 cpanko crumbs, divided
1 largeegg, lightly beaten
1 tspkosher salt
5(½-inch thick) vidalia onion rounds or any sweet onion
5onion rolls, toasted
10 slicebacon, cooked (used thick cut apple wood smoked bacon)
1 tsplemon zest
1 tsphot sauce
2 Tbspfinely chopped fresh basil
How to Make Succotash Burgers
- Succotash Burgers:
Place lima beans and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor and pulse until lima beans are finely chopped but still have a little form.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add red pepper, corn, cheese, 1 cup of panko crumbs, egg, and salt.
- Mix well and shape into 5 patties.
- Coat patties with remaining panko crumbs and place on a plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add burgers and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Add more olive oil if needed.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Wipe skillet clean, add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook onion slices 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Spread Basil Mayonnaise on bottom of buns and top with burgers, bacon, onion, and tomato.
- Basil Mayonnaise:
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- *Note: Leave the bacon off for a wonderful vegetarian meal.