Shepherds Pie with Whipped Cauliflower Topping
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·nonstick cooking spray
1 lbground beef
1 smallonion, chopped
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspsea salt
1 tspwhite pepper
1/2 tspdried thyme
1 pkg(10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
1 pkgfrozen cauliflower
1 csour cream
1/2 cfreshly shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 ccold water
How to Make Shepherds Pie with Whipped Cauliflower Topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef, onions and garlic until meat is browned.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme and ketchup.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir to combine.
- Add water and frozen mixed vegetables. Cook until vegetables are warmed throughout and liquid has thickened.
- Meanwhile boil cauliflower until very tender. Strain in colander, return to pan and add sour cream and parmesan.
- Using a hand-held mixer, whip cauliflower until smooth.
- Spread over meat mixture and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until browned.