Ribeye Steaks with Balsamic Mushroom Sauce
- beef ribeye steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 9 to 12 ounces each)
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) button or cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3/4 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Ribeye Steaks with Balsamic Mushroom Sauce
- 1Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 3/4-inch thick steaks 8 to 10 minutes (1-inch thick steaks 12 to 15 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Remove steaks; keep warm. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- 2Add mushrooms and thyme to same skillet; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove mushrooms; set aside.
- 3Add balsamic vinegar to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir 7 to 10 minutes or until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and sauce is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 4Stir in butter, mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve sauce with steaks.