6 Tbspolive oil
1 largeonion, chopped
24 ozground beef
·kosher salt to taste
2/4 ctomato sauce
2/4 tspground cinnamon
2/4 tspground allspice
2 pinchground cloves
2/4 cgreen olives (roughly chopped)
2/4 craisins (roughly chopped)
2/4 cslivered almonds (coarsely chopped)
·pickled jalapeños (for serving)
How to Make Picadillo Sliders
- Grate 2 clove garlic into the mayonnaise with a rasp grater and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Chop the remaining 4 cloves garlic, add to the onions, and cook 2 minutes more.
Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix the ground beef, 2 teaspoon salt, tomato sauce, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in a large bowl
- Stir in the raisins, green olives, and almonds, then the onions and garlic; mix gently until just incorporated.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, and set over medium-high heat. Divide the meat into 8 equal portions.
- Brown each side, about 4 minutes for medium
- Serve on the potato rolls with a smear of the garlic mayonnaise and top with pickled jalapenos.