Meatballs with Zucchini "Spaghetti"
It started out when I was looking for recipes fro low carb ..the family were having burgers and I wanted to have it but couldn't have the bun ....so I used the burger to make my meatballs and switched the onion for leek as that is lower carb than onions. I'd just got the Spirooli so the spaghetti was a no brainer :)
4 ozground beef
dash(es)salt and pepper
1/2 can(s)tomatoes, canned and chopped, with liquid
1 dash(es)worcestershire sauce
How to Make Meatballs with Zucchini "Spaghetti"
- Chop the Leeks so they are like a small dice
- Chop the mushrooms in half
- If you have a spiral vegetable cutter then make the Zucchini into spaghetti. If you don't then use a peeler to make ribbons (they can can be sliced to make strips if you want to or be left as ribbons).
- In a frying pan / skillet - saute the Leeks until soft and translucent but not brown. Remove them from the heat.
- Put a quarter of the cooked leeks into a bowl big enough to mix it with the ground beef and a little salt and pepper if wanted).
**At this point you can add mixed herbs or any other spice blends you would like in a meatball.**
Divide into balls about the size of a small marble (so they cook quickly)
- Add the Mushrooms to the leeks in the pan along with the meatballs and cook until browned
- Add the chopped tomatoes cook for about 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
At this point you can add the Worcestershire sauce and a herb or spice blend if you would like.
- Add the Zucchini "Spaghetti" or ribbons and continue to cook until these have softened (depending on which you use it will be around 5 minutes)