Liver and Onions
Calf's liver is the most expensive...but not necessarily the best. Beef liver, in fact, contains a higher percentage of all the essential body building elements.
So be it...calf's, lamb, beef or pork, you should plan to serve liver at least once a week.
- 1 lb
- liver (your choice)
- 2 tsp
- cider vinegar
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 3 large
- onions, sliced
How to Make Liver and Onions
- 1Cut liver into strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat oil and add sliced onions.
Saute' until golden brown.
- 2Add liver, stir well and cover.
Let cook three minutes, turn slices and cook an additional three minutes more.
- 3Sprinkle cider vinegar over all and let cook three or four minutes more.
Serve very hot.
- 4Remember, the longer the liver cooks, the tougher it becomes.