Frito Pie Burger
And being from Texas, I can make such a claim.
We spied the Frito Pie Burger on a “fancy” burger menu on a trip to Austin once – completely genius.
Since the burger buns keep so well in the freezer, I always just grate a little extra cheese and slice an extra jalapeno so that burger night only involves grilling the burgers – which is only slightly more work than actually having Frito Pie.
- 2 lb
- ground beef patties, seasoned and cooked to your preference
- ◦Burger buns (Jalapeno Cheddar Buns or Shiner Bock bun are solid choices)
- fresh jalapeno slices
- fritos (original, not scoops)
- chopped white onion
- wolf brand chili, no beans
- grated cheddar
How to Make Frito Pie Burger
- 1Heat the chili to very hot
- 2Place the burger on the bottom bun and then layer the toppings in this order:
Fresh jalapeno slices, a small handful of Fritos, a pinch of chopped white onion, a large spoonful of chili, and a large handful of grated cheddar.
- 3Serve immediately. Possibly with a fork