Country Pot Roast
Of course they didn't have the convience of a crockpot
- 4 lb
- chuck, round, or rump of beef
- 1/4 c
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 can(s)
- (10.5 oz) french onion soup
- 1/2 c
- potatoes ( as desired)
- carrots ( as desired)
- onion ( as desired)
- celery (as desired)
- 1 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1 c
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- reserved broth
How to Make Country Pot Roast
- 1Dredge meat with flour. In skillet, brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place browned meat and canned french onion soup into crockpot, cover, and cook slowly on medium until tender, 3 to 4 hours.
Caution....DO NOT OVERCOOK
- 2As the liquid cooks away, add more (water) as needed
Add vegetables during last two hours of cooking.
Check meat temp (160F) for medium doneness
- 3Remove meat and vegetables. Reserve broth
Combine cornstarch and water; mix well.
Pour mixture into reserved broth, mix well.
Stirring constantly heat gravy mixture over medium heat, until desired consistency , approximately 2 minutes.
- 5Serve with vegetables and gravy