Sweetbreads are very dainty and do not keep well.
Unless you plan to use immediately, precook them, cool, and place in the refrigerator, use in a day or two.
Photo by: blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com
- 1 1/2 lb
- lemon juice
- breading, (your favorite)
- 1/4 tsp
- oregano, dried
- cooking oil
- lemon slices
How to Make Browned Sweetbreads
- 1Precook sweetbreads by barely covering with water mixed with one tablespoon cider vinegar, or two tablespoons lemon juice.
Cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- 2Cool and remove membrane.
Reserve the pan liquids for stock to be used later.
- 3Using your favorite breading, add 1/4 teaspoon oregano, set aside.
Beat one egg with two tablespoons of reserved stock
- 4Dip sweetbreads into beaten egg mixture and then into breading mixture.
Brown in oil
Serve with wedges of lemon.