Boneless Rib Roast
- 1/2 c
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 6 to 8 clove
- garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- sea salt
- 7-pound boned and tied beef rib roast
- 1/2 c
- dry red wine
- additional rosemary sprigs for garnish
How to Make Boneless Rib Roast
- 1Place rosemary, oil, garlic and salt in blender or food processor. Pulse to a chunky paste.
Cut small slits in roast and push part of garlic mixture into slits. Rub remaining mixture over entire roast. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350 F. Uncover and transfer roast to rack in shallow roasting pan. For medium rare, roast to an internal temperature of 135 F. for approximately 2-1/4 hours. For medium, roast to an internal temperature of 150 F. for about 2-3/4 hours.
- 3Transfer roast to serving platter and let stand 20 to 30 minutes before carving. Garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Scrape pan drippings into measuring cup. Spoon off fat. Transfer drippings to small saucepan. Add 1/2 cup dry red wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce to half. Serve with roast.