Beef Empanada Filling
2 lbground beef
2 smallpotatoes, diced into one inch cubes and boiled until soft
1 mediumonion, peeled and coarsely chopped
5 clovegarlic, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 cgreen olives, finely chopped
1 largeeggs, hard boiled, coarsely chopped
1 cbeef broth
1/2 craisins, soaked in warm water for 1 hour (optional)
How to Make Beef Empanada Filling
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Put the ground beef in and begin to brown.
- When the beef is cooked through, add in the broth, green olives, raisins and bring to a simmer. Let the liquid reduce until it's almost gone.
- Fold in the eggs and potatoes and place by the spoonful into your prepared empanada dough.
- Fold dough over to make a filled half circle and use a fork to press the edges together. Refrigerate uncooked empanadas for 3 hours.
- Fry in 350 degree oil for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.