Beef Empanada Filling
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 2 small
- potatoes, diced into one inch cubes and boiled until soft
- 1 medium
- onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 clove
- garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- green olives, finely chopped
- 1 large
- eggs, hard boiled, coarsely chopped
- 1 c
- beef broth
- 1/2 c
- raisins, soaked in warm water for 1 hour (optional)
- 1 tsp
How to Make Beef Empanada Filling
- 1Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Put the ground beef in and begin to brown.
- 2When the beef is cooked through, add in the broth, green olives, raisins and bring to a simmer. Let the liquid reduce until it's almost gone.
- 3Fold in the eggs and potatoes and place by the spoonful into your prepared empanada dough.
- 4Fold dough over to make a filled half circle and use a fork to press the edges together. Refrigerate uncooked empanadas for 3 hours.
- 5Fry in 350 degree oil for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.