Roasted Red Pepper & Spinach Lasagna
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This meatless lasagna is really rich and full of flavor. The spinach is great with the combination of cheeses and the roasted red pepper gives a nice crunch. This is a great vegetarian entree. Easy to throw together and so tasty! The Test Kitchen
1 boxlasagna noodles, cooked
2 can(s)pasta sauce (24 oz each)
16 oz bag(s)frozen spinach, thawed and water removed
1 jar(s)roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1 pkgricotta cheese (32 oz)
1 bag(s)mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1/2 cchopped onion
1 Tbspminced garlic
1/2 TbspItalian seasoning
1 cParmesan cheese
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper & Spinach Lasagna
- Boil lasagna noodles. Set aside.
- Thaw and drain spinach well.
- Saute the chopped onion and minced garlic in a small skillet with a pat of butter. Add onion and garlic to the sauce. Simmer all on top of the stove in a saucepan. Add the Italian seasoning and I also add just a pinch of sugar to my sauce to cut some of the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Place 3 to 4 lasagna noodles side by side, touching over the 2 Tbsp sauce. Cover noodles with a thin layer of sauce. Sprinkle 1/3 of the spinach on the sauce, then 1/3 of the peppers. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers two more times ending with the cheeses.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.