"Plant "one on Me Eggplant Casserole for Crockpot
1 tspsea salt
1 can(s)olive oil cooking spray
1 cfrench fried onions, finely crushed
1 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 tspno salt seasoning blend
3 Tbspolive oil
24 ozmarinara or spaghetti sauce
1 lbmozzarella cheese, sliced
How to Make "Plant "one on Me Eggplant Casserole for Crockpot
- Spray 4 qt or larger crockpot with a little cooking spray.
- Cut eggplant in 1/2 inch slices. Sprinkle with salt and layer in a shallowpan. Let stand 20 minutes to drain excess water from eggplant. Dry on paper towels.
- Spray eggplant slices with cooking spray.
- Combine the crushed fried nions,parmesan and seasoning blend in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle 1 T of the oil in the bottom of the crockpot. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the onion cheese crumb mixture.
- Layer 1/4 of the eggplant slices over the crumbs, then 1/4 of the sauce and 1/4 of the mozzerella slices. Repeat to make 4 layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.