Italiano Egg Drop Soup
6-8 clow-sodium chicken broth
3 Tbspjuice from a fresh lemon
1 clovefresh garlic (finely grated)
2 tspsea salt (optional)
4 Tbspcoarsely shredded parmesan cheese
1 Tbspitalian flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
1-2 pinchfreshly ground black pepper
·chives for garnish (optional)
How to Make Italiano Egg Drop Soup
- In a medium or large pot add the chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt and heat to a simmer over medium heat. Usually takes about 3-4 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a separate bowl until well blended. Then add the parmesan to the egg and stir.
- Now take the egg mixture and slowly in a circular motion pour over the broth to create ribbons or rags. Cook an additional minute or until the eggs are set.
- Just before serving stir in the Italian parsley and fresh ground black pepper.
- Serve in a pretty soup cup or bowl and garnish with additional parmesan or chives with crackers, bread, or toasted cheese sandwiches.