Superb salmon pesto and asparagus bake
Ramona's Cuisine -
·1 salmon fillet (skin on)
·3 tbsp pesto sauce
·500 g plump asparagus
·soya sauce (optional)
·1 lime (needed for its juice)
·2 cloves garlic (finely grated)
·2 tbsp macadamia nuts (grated or blended)
·1/2 tsp mustard (wholegrain) (optional)
·4 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional) (finely grated)
·cherry tomatoes (on vine)
·1/3 tsp worchester sauce (optional)
How to Make Superb salmon pesto and asparagus bake
- Preheat the oven at 190 C, 475 F, Gas Mark 5.
- Take out the tray you wish to use for baking this beauty, place a sheet of parchment paper and then arrange the salmon fillet on that nicely. Season well with salt and pepper but careful, not too much salt as the pesto sauce has its own fair amount of salt.
- In a small bowl mix the pesto sauce, garlic, macadamia nuts and the lemon juice. Mix well until well incorporated.
- Spoon or brush the sauce over in a thin layer and top up with some thinly cut lemon slices.
- Wash and place the asparagus around the fish fillet followed by the cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle some soya sauce and olive oil or sprinkle some finely grated Parmesan if you prefer over the asparagu. (I like both, so I alternate). In this recipe I have chosen a dash of soy sauce with few drops of Worchester sauce and the wholegrain mustard ).
- Place the tray in the oven, covered with foil for the first 15 min of the cooking time, then remove and let it bake for another 10-15 min depending on the thickness of the fish fillet.
- Serve hot along with some plain rice, lentil, crushed potatoes.