How to Make Southern Fried Perch
- 1In colander, place fish and season with the spices, let rest 30 minutes
- 2in a bowl to dredge, mix egg and milk
- 3in another bowl to dredge, mix flour, and corn meal mix
- 4heat oil in fryer skillet or dutch oven, at least 3/4 " deep
- 5dip fish pieces in egg mixture, then in the flour mixture, shake off excess, lay each pirce carefully in hot oil ( burner on med heat )
- 6continue until all fish is in skillet. cook 10 minutes, turn each piece and fry another 10 minutes.
- 7when fish is dark as you want, remove from oil to paper towel lined plate.