Lemon Pepper Panko Crusted Fish
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The presentation for this recipe is really pretty. And, I love the flavor. The potato and the Parmesan cheese in the breading were a nice addition along with the lemon Panko crumbs. The Test Kitchen
4-6 mediumhaddock filets, cod filets, or other firm white fish
1 largeegg, beaten
1 clemon pepper Panko crumbs
1/4 cinstant potato flakes, dry
1/4 cParmesan cheese, grated
·olive oil for frying, 1/4 inch depth
·enough flour for dredging fish filets
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Lemon Pepper Panko Crusted Fish
- I found lemon pepper panko crumbs at Wal-Mart Superfoods.
- Place flour in a plastic bag, add salt and pepper to your liking, about a 1/2 tsp each. Add fish filets and shake to coat.
- Mix egg with water in a dish, roll fish filets in egg mixture. Then roll in Panko crumbs, potato flakes and Parmesan cheese that have been mixed and placed in another dish.
- Repeat back into egg mixture and then into panko crumbs once more.
- Put olive oil in a fry pan and heat on medium high. Fry fish on each side for about 3 minutes or until fish are a nice golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove to a plate and serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.