Lemon Pepper Panko Crusted Fish
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The presentation for this recipe is really pretty. We love the flavor of this dish. The potato and Parmesan cheese in the breading were a nice addition along with the lemon Panko crumbs. The Test Kitchen
4-6 mediumhaddock filets, cod filets, or other firm white fish
1 largeegg, beaten
1 clemon pepper Panko crumbs
1/4 cinstant potato flakes, dry
1/4 cParmesan cheese, grated
·olive oil for frying, 1/4 inch depth
·enough flour for dredging fish filets
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Lemon Pepper Panko Crusted Fish
- I found lemon pepper panko crumbs at Wal-Mart Superfoods.
- Place flour in a plastic bag, add salt and pepper to your liking, about a 1/2 tsp each. Add fish filets and shake to coat.
- Mix egg with water in a dish, roll fish filets in egg mixture. Then roll in Panko crumbs, potato flakes and Parmesan cheese that have been mixed and placed in another dish.
- Repeat back into egg mixture and then into panko crumbs once more.
- Put olive oil in a fry pan and heat on medium high. Fry fish on each side for about 3 minutes or until fish are a nice golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove to a plate and serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.