Baked Salmon Provencale
4salmon steaks, 3/4" thick
1 tspunsalted butter
1 tspolive oil
1garlic clove, minced
2bay leaves, crushed
1 cplum tomatoes, coarsely chopped, with juice
9greek olives, pitted and chopped
2.75 cwhite wine
1 cfish stock
1 tspherbal salt substitue
How to Make Baked Salmon Provencale
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and pat dry salmon steaks.
- In a large, deep, ovenproof skillet or stovetop casserole over medium high heat, saute salmon briefly on each side in butter and oil (about 1 minute).
- Remove to a platter.
- Add saffron, garlic, tarragon, thyme, sage, bay leaves, tomatoes, olives, wine, fish stock and salt substitute.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Add salmon steaks.
- Remove pan from heat and place in oven.
- Bake until salmon is lightly pink and done to taste (10 minutes).
- To serve, place salmon steaks on platter and spoon sauce over them.