Yummy spicy coconut chicken
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·8 chicken tights or drumsticks, or 4-6 breasts
·200 ml coconut milk (tinned)
·1 tbsp ginger (fresh, grated)
·1 tsp black pepper (fresh, ground)
·1 tbsp red chili flakes optional
·4-5 spring onions
·1 tsp turmeric powder
·1 lime or lemon only the juice
·1/2 lemongrass bruised and chopped optional
How to Make Yummy spicy coconut chicken
- Preheat the oven 20 minutes before chicken needs to go in.
- Wash well the chicken (bone on/de-bone if you wish depending on the meat you have chosen to cook or you can leave both skin and bone on ( I normally remove the skin)- it is entirely up to you. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on it and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut milk with all the other ingredients (ginger, pepper, salt, turmeric powder, chilli flakes, lemon/lime juice and the finely chopped spring onions - you can leave few for decorating.
- Mix the chicken with the coconut milk marinade, make sure it is all nicely coated, cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours (not an issue if you do not have the time to allow it to marinade- it will be as tasty and yummy).
- Place in an oven tray that should not be larger than fitting all the chicken in nicely, cover with a lid or foil and put in a preheated oven at 190-200ºC. (370-390F) Cook for a good 40-45 minutes. Half way through cooking take the tray/dish out of the oven, remove the foil, turn each piece of chicken and place (uncovered) back in the oven. Cook for a further 20-25 minutes all depending on the meat chunks size.